COCONUT COOKIE RAISIN BALLS
Time: own time, you decide
Rich Tip: B-Relax, great healthy snacks
- 2 cups raw flaked oats
- 1 cup oat flour (make the flour from flaked oats or oat grouts in the high-speed blender)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- sea salt Himalayan
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 apples, cored, sliced and pureed in food processor (leave skin on)
- 1 cup raisins
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- ½ cup coconut for roll balls in
- In a large bowl, mix together raw oats, raw oat flour, cinnamon and powdered ginger. In second bowl, mix together the remaining wet ingredients. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- On non-stick dehydrator sheets, drop dough in cookie-size mounds, flatten slightly. roll them in your coconut, or what ever you feel works for you.Dehydrate at 145** for 45 minutes then reduce heat to 115 and dehydrate 4-6 hours, removing to screens half-way through dehydration.
If you are not using a dehydrator, I use the lowest setting on your oven and leave the door ajar at 50 degrees, I have done this, fantastic results. Allow to cool and dry for 3 hours at room after 2 hours in oven.
Advantages of Whole Plant Foods and Great Healthy Snacks
Countless studies have shown the health advantages of a diet based on fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes left in as natural a state as possible.
The advantages of great healthy snacks include:
- Whole foods are rich in phytochemicals—powerful nutrients found in plant foods, that reduce disease, something your main stream doctors forget to tell you, that a really good diet, means less visits to doctors, isn’t that fantastic news
- Compared with processed foods, whole foods contain more vitamins and minerals. Processed foods only cause harm to your body, for example many people dont know, that refined sugar, salt, is liking taking cocaine, a chemical addictive carcinogenic that encourages diseases to grow.
- More fiber and beneficial fats are found in whole foods. processed foods have ZERO benefits that I am aware of, please feel free anybody, if you think different.
- The combinations of nutrients in whole plant foods are synergistic to us and protect us from disease, so think about that next time your stuffing those mars bars and biscuits into your body, or are you slowly killing your children ? or are you preparing them for the scalp?
CHEFS NUTRITION FACTS:
A variety of coconut-derived ingredients— from coconut oil to coconut flour and coconut milk—are increasingly being used in home kitchens, restaurants and packaged foods. But can a food so rich in calories and laden with saturated fat be healthy? Here are the health benefits and cons of coconut oil, coconut milk, coconut flour, coconut water, coconut meat and coconut flakes.