MYSTIC CRISP LEMON TART
WITH A RASPBERRY JAM NUT BASE
Time: own time, you decide
Serves: 8 / 10
Rich Tip: B-Happy
Base Ingredients choose organic where possible
- 2 cups almonds (ideally soaked overnight)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil (softened)
- 4 – 6 Medjool dates roughly chopped (dates help the base to bind together)
- 3 tbsp. raw honey (optional , but it helps the base to bind better)
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao (to make a chocolate base add)
- Put half of the ingredients in your blender and pulse until well combined, this process works best made in at least 2 batches.. Place mixture in a separate bowl and add remaining half, repeat process. You can use a larger food processor for this step. The mixture doesn’t need to be smooth; a bit of texture is good personal choice.
- Spoon into a lined pie dish. Using your hands press it firmly into the dish. Spoon in your jam glaze, which is just blended raspberries. Allow to set in the freezer for 30 minutes. Or dehydrate for 2 hours.
- 2 cups cashew nuts (pre-soaked overnight or for a minimum of for 2 hours and rinsed)
- lemon juice (approx. 2 lemons) zest of 1 lemon
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil (softened)
- 5g Cocoa Butter melted
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to your blender and blend on medium until smooth and creamy.
- Spoon mixture onto the base and smooth out, place back in your freezer and take out 20 mins before serving.
CHEFS NUTRITION FACTS:
Almonds are a fantastic source of antioxidants. Antioxidants help to protect against oxidative stress, which can damage molecules in cells and contribute to aging and diseases like cancer. The powerful antioxidants in almonds are largely concentrated in the brown layer of the skin. For this reason, blanched almonds (skin removed) are not the best choice from a health perspective.
Lemons are acidic to the taste, but are alkaline-forming in the body. In fact they are one of the most alkaline-forming foods; this makes them great for balancing a highly acidic condition in the body. Lemons an essential food in kitchens everywhere. Lemons contain 22 anti-cancer compounds “We are living in a world today where lemonade is made from artificial flavors, and furniture polish is made from real lemons.” –Alfred E. Newman